The winner of this week’s Gifoff themed “The Great Beyond”!
Around the Water Cooler…
1. The Golden Circle: Check out one of our favorite Ted Talks. A great video about how to find out the secret of “why”…and how that “why” creates the “buy” in marketing. We at The Yeomen have been taking some time out of our week to reflect on our Whys and how we can use them to make this a better company.
2. Thirteen Things You Need To Know About The Human Mission To Mars: The Netherlands plans to build a human settlement on Mars by 2024. The explorers may not be able to return to Earth. Would you go?
3. “What would compel you to buy a “smartwatch?” We debated in Slack about the pros and cons of smart watches and similar devices, like the FitBit. Apple recently received a patent from the USPTO for a smartwatch and there are devices similar such as Tinke, which tracks your fitness levels.
4. Ingress!: It’s the high tech “Capture the Flag” game that’s got us hooked. Marc explains: “Ingress is high-tech capture the flag using a gaming engine on top of Google Maps. Two global teams (known as factions) try to capture flags (known as portals), which tend to be located around sculptures, fountains, churches, places of business, etc. They then try to link portals together to “control” large swaths of territory. The more real life people who live in captured territory, the more “mind units” a faction controls. Whichever faction currently controls the most mind units is currently winning Ingress.”
Which side are you on, The Resistance or The Enlightened?
5. Much weather, very rain: Meet Dog Weather.
Have a great weekend!